It also has a rare slanted main floor for improved visibility of the speakers in the pulpit.Built by one of East Concord’s founding families in the 18th century, this tavern served as a community gathering spot for city residents and travelers during the tumultuous War of 1812.Several years ago, the building’s original plans and specifications were discovered at a Massachusetts flea market and returned to Londonderry.Built about 1812 as a one-story, square plan house, the Lamprey House was greatly expanded as the late 19th century home of Eveline and James French, store owner, selectman and state legislator.This well-preserved rural community grange hall has remained in continuous use by Grange #44 since its construction in 1909.Its stone and shingled exterior is a landmark in Londonderry’s civic center.
The history of this farm echoes the story of farms all over New Hampshire.
a center for county business, political discourse, news, entertainment and commerce in the 18th and early 19th centuries, a time when Amherst was the county seat and among the largest towns in New Hampshire.
First settled by the Graves family in the mid-1700s, this property documents several generations of the family’s contributions to Brentwood.
Since then, the three-story Colonial Revival style building has been the center, over the years housing the town offices, the police and fire departments, the town library, an auditorium and the local Masonic lodge.
According to local records, the Blanchard-Bowers was built c.1726 as a center chimney cape, raised to 2-1/2 stories about 1750, and then updated with a colonnaded façade addition in the 1830s.